You might remember we changed our customer support system recently. We moved to UserVoice as we felt it provided a more immediate way for our customers to provide feedback and feature requests. Well, sure enough, you guys have given us some great input!
CloakPiG, our auto link cloaker, has been the first PiG to benefit so far and among a couple of bug fixes, based on your feedback we have added the following options and features to the product:
New Features Which Give You More Control
- Preloading of cookie only for the affiliate networks you specify, allowing you to be selective about which networks you do or don’t pre-load cookies for
- If this option is selected, CoakPiG will only preload cookies from the domains which are listed in the “Manage Network List”. Click the affiliate network list link to add domains on the list
- Pre-loading of cookie if mouse-over event occurs, allowing you to be even more targetted with your cookie pre-loading
- If selected, this feature will preload the cookies of every affiliate link over which the visitor’s mouse hovered, because it’s likely they were either thinking about clicking the link, or viewing the URL to see if they could change the affiliate ID
- Fully functional wildcard feature for all domain list, so you can target the domains you want, where you want
- You can now use * as a wildcard character for the domain that you want to specify in “Domain Exemption List”, “Domain Cloaking List”, “Manage Network List”, “Edit Safe List” in CloakPiG
- Example: *.clickbank.* – this will match http://anything.clickbank.anything
- Link a keyword up to n time(s) per URL
- Using this option, you can specify the number of times you want a keyword be linked to the same URL, per page
- Labelling of manual links, enabling you to manage them more easily
- You can now label each link using a description field. As the label is included in the search functionality, retrieval of manual links from the system is easier
- You can now also filter the results to show only manual links
- Include or exclude keywords within header tags “<h1>, <h2>…” from autolinking
- This option allows you to specify if you want the keywords inside the header tags to be autolinked or not
On top of these new features, our guys took care of a few bug fixes too. Among other things, keywords which are auto linked now retain the case of the anchor text i.e. they’ll match the use of upper or lower case letters. More importantly, links generated by the ‘Auto Keyword Link’ feature are automatically cloaked now.
If you are a current user of CloakPiG then you can get the benefit of version 2.2 immediately using our new ‘automatic update’ feature. See this post on how to upgrade within a couple of clicks (for free, of course!).
If you’re not using CloakPiG already, you can find out more here.
So, thank you for your feedback, people and we hope that CloakPiG now provides even more benefits to you and your WordPress websites.
All the best!